To allow remote users to connect to a local PC, you would need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the Start button -> Click on Control Panel -> Click on System -> Click on Remote Tab
- Click Remote Settings and then select option number 2 under Remote Desktop:
- Don’t allow connections to this computer
- Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)
- Allow connections only from computers using Remote Desktop with Network Level Authenication (more secure)
Select the only option Allow users to connect to this computer under Remote Desktop.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You can skip the last two steps.
- Click on the Select Users button (If you are an administrator, your current user account will automatically be added to te list of remote users) -> In the Remote Desktop Users dialog box Click Add
- In the Select Users or Groups dialog box, Click Locations and select the location you want to search -> In Enter the Object Names to Select, type the name of the user you want to add -> Click OK (Name will display in the list of users)